4 corn tortillas
1 can kidney beans (16 ounce)
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream, non-fat
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup lettuce (shredded)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place tortillas in a stack on cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut stack into eight pieces, forming triangles or wedges.
3. Lay tortillas pieces out in single layer on baking sheet. Set aside while making dip.
4. Open canned beans. Pour beans in colander; rinse and drain. Place beans in a small mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher. Spread beans over bottom of baking dish.
5. Measure salsa and spread over beans.
6. Measure sour cream and spread over beans.
7. Grate and measure cheese; sprinkle over bean mixture.
8. Place lettuce wedge on cutting board. Slice into thin strips; set aside.
9. Place both the baking sheet with tortilla pieces and the dip in preheated oven. Bake about 8 minutes or until tortilla pieces are crisp and dip is bubbly. Sprinkle lettuce over dip and serve with tortilla chips.
– Use Monterey Jack or another cheese.
– Substitute black beans for kidney beans.
– Substitute 1/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes for taco sauce.
– Spread one small can chopped green chilis over beans.