- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 medium bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium pot
- Rubber spatula
- Small bowl
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the banana to a smooth pulp.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork to whisk cocoa powder, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, lightly beat eggs. Whisk eggs into the cocoa mixture to make a smooth paste. Whisk out any pockets of flour and cocoa completely.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, heat milk and honey. Bring to a simmer.
- Pour a small amount of the hot milk mixture over the egg mixture. Whisk constantly until smooth. Continue adding milk, a little at a time, until about half the milk mixture is used.
- Add egg mixture to pot with remaining milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula until it just begins to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in mashed banana right away until fully combined.
- Pour warm pudding into 6 small cups. Eat warm, or refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Be sure to stir in the banana and pour hot pudding into cups right away. You want to do this quickly, before the pudding sets.
- Use maple syrup in place of honey, if you like.
- If you have a blender, you may choose to blend the banana into the pudding in step 7. This helps create smooth, silky pudding.