1 cup frozen peas (can also use fresh or canned)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup basil leaves
1 cup spinach (fresh, frozen, or canned)
1/2 cup walnuts
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. For the pesto, add peas, Parmesan cheese, basil, spinach, walnuts and garlic into a food processor or blender.
2. Add in water, oil, salt and pepper. Blend until the ingredients are combined to form a thick sauce.
3. Place pesto in an airtight container. Refrigerate until needed.
- If using canned peas and spinach, remember to rinse them to lower salt content.
- Great served over vegetables or pasta – serve hot or cold.
- Switch out mayonnaise for pesto on sandwiches.
- Try as a dip with carrots and broccoli.
Learn more about: