- 2 cloves garlic
- (15½ ounce) can cannellini beans
- ⅓ bunch fresh parsley
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Sharp knife
- Peel and mince garlic cloves.
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans.
- Rinse and chop parsley.
- In a blender, add garlic, cannellini beans, water, canola oil, salt, ground black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer dip to medium bowl. Top with parsley and stir.
- Use ½ teaspoon garlic powder in place of minced fresh garlic cloves.
- Use 2 teaspoons dried parsley in place of chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with whole wheat pita bread, tortilla chips, or cut-up fresh veggies.
- Use Great Northern or navy beans instead of cannellini beans.
- For a chunkier dip, or to make without a blender, mash beans, oil and water together with a fork until well blended. Stir in rest of ingredients.