2 cups rice (cooked)
16 ounces mozzarella cheese, part skim
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups tomato puree
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 inch pizza pan or baking sheet.
2. Cook rice following directions on the package; set aside.
3. Grate cheese; set aside.
4. Crack egg and place in mixing bowl, stirring to blend. Measure and add 2 cups cooked rice, 1 cup grated cheese, and salt. Mix well to combine ingredients.
5. Spread rice mixture in prepared pan, pressing firmly and making outer edge slightly raised.
6. Spread tomato puree evenly over rice mixture.
7. Place pan in oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
8. Remove pan from oven sprinkle pizza with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
9. Remove pizza from oven. Cut into 12 slices.
– Try different kinds of rice.
– Try different kinds of cheese.
– Use sliced or chopped green peppers, onions, mushrooms, or other vegetables as toppings.
Learn more about: