12 corn tortillas, small (or flour tortillas)
vegetable oil (or margarine)
1 can refried beans (16 ounce)
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
2 ounces fresh or canned green chili peppers (diced)
3 tablespoons red taco sauce
3 cups vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, spinach, and red bell pepper (chopped)
1/2 cup cheese, shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/2 cilantro (1/2 cup chopped, fresh, optional)
1. Brush one side of each of two tortillas with water. Press the wet sides of the tortillas together to form a thick crust for the pizza.
2. Brush the outside of the tortillas with a small amount of oil or margarine. Evenly brown both sides in a heated frying pan. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Set aside.
3. Heat refried beans, onion, and half of the chili peppers together in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. Spread about 1/3 cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla pizza. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon taco sauce, then top with 1/2 cup of the chopped vegetables, 1 teaspoon chili peppers, and 1 Tablespoon cheese for each pizza.
5. Return to frying pan and heat until cheese melts. Top with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.