and coat with cooking spray.
3 tablespoons whole-grain or Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or ground chipotle pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
4 4-oz skinless, center-cut, wild-caught salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine mustard, maple syrup, paprika (or chipotle), pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spread the mustard mixture evenly on the salmon.
- Roast until just cooked through (approx. 8-12 minutes).
– Smoked paprika is made from smoke-dried, red peppers and adds earthy, smoky flavor. It can be used in many types of savory dishes. Look for different types of paprika at large supermarkets or online.
– Wild-caught salmon from the Pacific (Alaska and Washington) are more sustainably fished and have a larger, more stable population.