2 cups potatoes (cold, mashed, made from instant potato flakes)
1/2 cup flour (all-purpose, unsifted)
2 tablespoons onion (finely chopped)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put mashed potatoes into a bowl.
- Add flour and onion. Mix well.
- Pat potato mixture on a lightly floured board until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with a 3-inch-round cutter.
- Place on a baking sheet, cover and refrigerate until just before cooking.
- Heat oil in a frying pan or griddle.
- Fry cakes over medium heat, turning to brown on both sides. Serve immediately.