3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
2 tablespoons raisins or currants
1 apple (cored and chopped)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups water
1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin from the apple.
2. Cut the core out of the apple. Chop the apple into small pieces.
3. Put the water in the saucepan.
4. Bring the water to a boil on medium heat.
5. Stir in oatmeal, raisins, chopped apple, and cinnamon.
6. Turn heat to low.
7. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
To get more fiber, leave the skin on the apple.