1 cup spinach (15.5 ounce can)
2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, low-fat shredded
2/3 cup milk, 1%
3 tablespoons butter, soft (or margarine)
1 salt (1 teaspoon, optional)
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Thyme, dried
1/4 cup onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain canned spinach to remove liquid.
- Combine spinach with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add to 8″ x 8″ baking dish. May also use 9″ x 13″ baking dish, but the spinach bake will be thinner.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until set.
Milk can be substituted with 4 Tablespoons dry milk + 2/3 cup water.
Learn more about