2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup celery, diced
4 cans crushed tomatoes, low sodium (14.5 oz cans)
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups raw spinach, roughly chopped
- Wash the vegetables.
- Collect, dice, and measure all ingredients before starting to prepare the recipe.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic powder. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the onion is clear.
- Add the carrots and celery, and cook for 5 minutes until slightly soft.
- Add the tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Stir until all ingredients are mixed together. Taste, and add a little bit of salt and pepper if desired.
- Turn the heat to medium-high, and bring sauce to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low. Simmer uncovered for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, and cook for 2 minutes until spinach wilts.*
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. Eat within 3 to 5 days.
* For a smoother sauce, blend in a blender or food processor.
This recipe freezes well. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat and eat!