chili powder (2 teaspoons, optional)
2 cups refried beans
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
1 tomato, large, chopped
salsa (to taste)
light sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. On a baking sheet, arrange tortillas or tostadas in a single layer. If using tortillas, spray both sides with non-stick cooking spray and bake for 4 minutes or until crisp.
3. Mix chili powder into refried beans, if desired.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup of refried beans on each tostada. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
6. Top each tostada with lettuce and tomato.
7. Serve with salsa and sour cream (optional).