4 tablespoons cream cheese, low-fat
2 flour tortillas
1/2 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix (1/2 teaspoon)
1/4 cup broccoli (washed and chopped)
1/4 cup carrot (peeled and grated)
1/4 cup zucchini (washed and cut into small strips)
1/4 cup summer squash (yellow, washed and cut into small strips)
1/2 tomato (diced)
1/8 cup green bell pepper (seeded and diced)
2 tablespoons chives (chopped fine)
1. In a small bowl, stir ranch seasoning into cream cheese, chill.
2. Wash and chop vegetables.
3. Steam broccoli in microwave for 1 minute with 1 tablespoon of water.
4. Spread cream cheese onto flour tortilla, staying one inch from edge. Sprinkle vegetables over cream cheese. Roll tortilla tightly.
5. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving (the wrap will hold its shape better). With a sharp knife slice into circles and serve.
– Be creative. Try different vegetables, herbs and spices. Examples- green beans, lettuce, radishes, corn; dill, oregano, basil, mint, curry or chili powder.
– You can substitute pre-made flavored cream cheeses- chive, herb or vegetable.
– Try a sweet cream cheese and add fruit to your wrap for a different twist.
– This wrap is great with soup or salad or served as a cool summer appetizer!
Learn more about:
– Bell Peppers
– Zucchini/Summer Squash