1/3 cup dried bulgur
1 cup boiling water
2 cups Brussels sprouts (1/2 pound)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped nuts (any type)
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cover bulgur with boiling water and let stand until soft, about 30 minutes. Pour off any excess water.
- Rinse and trim Brussels sprouts. Cut in half lengthwise then slice crosswise into thin strips.
- In a large bowl combine bulgur, Brussels sprouts, cranberries and nuts.
- In a small bowl or jar with a lid, combine orange juice, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix or shake well. Pour dressing over salad and serve.
- No nuts? Use sunflower or pumpkin seeds.
- No dried cranberries? Use any type of dried fruit.
Learn more about: