1 pound beef (lean, top round)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
3/4 tablespoon onion (finely chopped)
1 pound mushroom (sliced)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon basil (dried)
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup yogurt (plain, low-fat)
6 cups macaroni (cooked in unsalted water)
1. Cut beef into 1-inch cubes. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in non-stick skillet. Saute onion for 2 minutes.
2. Add beef and saute for additional 5 minutes. Turn to brown evenly. Remove from pan and keep hot.
3. Add remaining oil to pan; saute mushrooms.
4. Add beef and onions to pan with seasonings.
5. Add wine and yogurt; gently stir in. Heat, but do not boil.
6. Serve with macaroni.
– If thickening is desired, use 2 teaspoons cornstarch; calories are the same as flour, but cornstarch has double thickening power. These calories are not figured into the nutrients per serving.
– Learn more about: