This tomato-based Creole sauce includes onion, green pepper, and spices to liven up the fish of your choice.
1 pound fish fillets (fresh or frozen, unbreaded)
1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
1/2 green pepper (thinly sliced)
1 can tomato sauce (8 ounce)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
salt (1/4 teaspoon, optional)
1. Thaw fish in refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Arrange fish in a single layer in baking dish.
4. Top fish with onion and pepper slices.
5. In a separate bowl, mix tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
6. Pour tomato sauce mixture over fish and vegetables.
7. Cover dish and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork (20-30 minutes).
8. Refrigerate leftovers.
– Atlantic cod fillets used for nutrition analysis.
– If fish is more than one layer thick in baking dish, cooking time will be longer.
Learn more about: