1 ripe avocado
2 medium tomatoes
1 green onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil (plus 2 tbsp for garnish)
4 eggs (hard-boiled)
12 slices whole-wheat baguette bread
1/4 cup ricotta cheese (reduced-fat)
cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice avocado, tomatoes, and green onions.
- Peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving 2 tbsp. basil for garnish, gently toss first five ingredients in a small bowl. Add pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta cheese.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with an 8-oz glass of fat-free (skim) milk.