1 1/2 cups brown rice, uncooked
3 cups water
2 lemons (juiced)
3 green onions (also called scallions)
1/4 cup parsley (minced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash black pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
1 1/2 cups vegetables (of your favorite, cut into small pieces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash rice and put into a 2-quart pot with water. Bring to boil, then lower heat to simmer, and cook uncovered until all the water is absorbed. (approximately 45 minutes)
- Pour into medium sized bowl and allow to cool.
- Pour lemon juice over rice and stir. When rice is cooled to lukewarm, add vegetables, salt, pepper, and oil.
- Stir and chill at least 1 hour. This dish also can be served warm.