- 2 medium jalapeño peppers
- ½ medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 (14½ ounce) can diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Medium pot
- Mixing spoon
- Sharp knife
- Rinse peppers. Remove seeds and mince.
- Peel onion and garlic. Rinse onion and dice. Mince garlic.
- If using, rinse and chop cilantro leaves.
- In a medium pot, add peppers, garlic, onion, cider vinegar, and canned tomatoes. Heat mixture over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Chill before serving. If using, add cilantro to chilled salsa.