3/4 pound ground beef, 85% lean
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup macaroni, uncooked
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (15 ounces)
2 teaspoons chili powder, mild
8 servings Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup)
salt (optional, to taste)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
- Add water, macaroni, tomatoes, chili powder, and seasoning mix. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered on low heat for 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
- Taste; add a small amount of salt if needed.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Learn more about