4 chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
1/4 red onion (julienned)
1 carrot (julienned)
1 red pepper (julienned)
1 celery stalk (julienned)
1/2 zucchini (julienned)
1 clove garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons basil (fresh, chopped)
thyme (fresh springs, optional)
parsley (chopped, optional)
ginger (minced, optional)
2 teaspoons olive oil
4 teaspoons lemon juice (freshly squeezed (1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon))
salt (to taste, optional)
pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold in half; unfold.
3. Place each chicken breast in a large square of foil or parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
4. Top chicken with your choice of vegetables and seasonings.
5. Drizzle each packet with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Fold the parchment paper or foil in half and then crimp around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 20 minutes, depending the thickness of the chicken breast.
Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrient or cost analysis.
For a video demonstration of the preparation of this recipe, see Nutrition.gov.
Learn more about: