2 1/2 cups non-fat milk
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup non-fat milk (cold)
1 tablespoon margarine
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 1-quart baking pan.
- In a saucepan, heat 2 1/2 cups of milk to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix together the other 1/2 cup cold milk with cornmeal.
- Add cornmeal mixture to warm milk, stir well.
- Cook 20 minutes over low-medium heat. Stir often to prevent scorching. Cook until thickened.
- Remove pudding from heat. Stir in margarine, molasses, ginger and cinnamon.
- Pour into the greased baking pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. When a knife is inserted and comes out clean, the pudding is done.
- Cut into 8 squares before serving. Serve warm.