1. Cook beef in hot skillet until lightly browned. Drain off fat.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes.
Prepare Tamale Pie:
1. Place chili in a 10-inch skillet. Stir in corn. Heat thoroughly.
2. As chili heats, mix cornmeal and salt with water in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes.
3. Spread cornmeal mixture over hot chili to form a crust. Sprinkle with chili powder.
4. Cover and cook over low heat, with lid slightly ajar, until topping is set, about 10 minutes.
Optional – Top with light sour cream, or low-fat yogurt.
Learn more about: