1 cup rice, uncooked
1 broccoli, frozen (10 ounce package)
3 cups chicken, cooked
2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
1/4 cup flour
2 cups chicken broth
Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook rice in 2 cups of water.
- Let broccoli thaw.
- Chicken should be off the bone.
- Melt margarine in large sauce pan. Add flour to melted margarine and stir. This will be lumpy.
- Use broth from chicken you cooked or use canned chicken broth. Slowly add broth to margarine/flour. Stir to remove lumps and thicken.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Add rice, broccoli, and chicken. Stir.
- Put in a casserole pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Learn more about