Of course we’re serving this orange dip with orange vegetables! But feel free to put out any crisp dippables you like. Add whole-wheat crackers and you’ve got a yummy lunch.
Food Processor (adult needed)
- 1 (19-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus extra for garnish
- Vegetables for serving: carrot sticks, bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes
Put the beans, garlic, cumin, and salt in a food processor fitted with a steel blade and put the top on tightly. Process until smooth.
Add the orange juice, chili powder, and cilantro and process again until smooth. Taste the dip, and add more of anything if it needs it.
Using the spatula, scrape out the dip into a serving bowl.
Cover and refrigerate up to three days or serve immediately garnished with extra cilantro.
Variation: Substitute any kind of bean for the dark red kidneys.