4 large eggs
8 cups fresh spinach
1 cup dried figs (about 16 figs or one 7-oz pkg)
1 cup whole-grain croutons
1/2 cup light honey mustard or poppy seed dressing
- To hard boil-eggs: Place eggs in saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer. Add cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat over high heat just to boiling. Remove from heat and cover. Let eggs stand in hot water about 12 minutes. Drain and fill pan with cold water; let sit 10-15 minutes. Peel and slice. (If making ahead, refrigerate cooked unpeeled eggs)
- Prepare other ingredients while eggs are cooking and cooling.
- Wash, slice, and core apples.
- Cut apples and dried figs into bite-sized chunks.
- Wash and drain spinach.
- To plate, divide ingredients evenly among four plates, top spinach with apples, eggs, dried figs, and croutons. Drizzle with dressing
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of 100% grape juice and vanilla or lemon low-fat yogurt.