1/2 pound frozen cooked cocktail shrimp (thawed, peeled, and deveined)
1 8-oz can yellow corn kernels (no salt added, drained)
1 cup canned black beans (no salt added, drained and rinsed)
1 stalk celery (diced)
2 tablespoons chopped onion
2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon salt-free Caribbean citrus seasoning
8 slices whole-grain bread
2 tomatoes (sliced)
4 leaves Bibb lettuce or other leaf lettuce
- Chop shrimp coarsely.
- Mix together shrimp salad ingredients (everything except for the bread, tomato slices, and lettuce).
- Divide salad evenly among 4 slices of bread; spread to edges of bread.
- Top with tomato slices, lettuce, and second bread slice.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with a glass of non-fat milk and a red grape cluster.
Tips for selecting and storing grapes:
– Grapes are fully ripe when they arrive at the supermarket.
– Look for plump grapes with pliable green stems.
– Keep grapes unwashed and refrigerated in a plastic bag until ready for use, then rinse with cold water and serve, or add to recipes.