3 pounds turkey breast half (with skin and bones)
1 onion, large quartered
1 carrot, large quartered
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon rosemary
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper (to taste, optional)
chicken broth (or margarine, for basting, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place turkey breast in roasting pan along with onion and carrot.
- Mix spices with olive oil. Rub turkey with olive oil.
- Roast turkey at 400°F for 15 minutes. Baste with margarine and chicken broth (optional).
- Reduce turkey temperature to 350°F and roast turkey, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices (or margarine and chicken broth), about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted in thick part of meat registers 165°F.
- Remove to carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.