1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 pound ground beef (90% lean)
1 can tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
1 cup tomato paste (6 ounce can)
1 parsley, fresh (1 Tablespoon, optional)
1 1/2 cups water
1 garlic powder (1 teaspoon, optional)
2 cups egg noodles (cooked)
3/4 cup cottage cheese, low-fat
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Chop onion. Cook beef and onion, in a large frying pan until beef is brown and onion is tender. Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, water, and garlic powder to the beef mixture. Bring to a boil and simmer until sauce is thick, about 25 minutes.
- Cook noodles in a separate saucepan according to package directions. Drain.
- Add cooked, drained noodles to the beef mixture. Stir to prevent sticking.
- Mix cheeses and drop by spoonfuls into the frying pan.
- Cover and heat over low heat about 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
To decrease fat and cholesterol, omit the beef and add vegetables such as broccoli or zucchini to the sauce.
Learn more about: