2 cups parsnips (medium size)
3 medium potatoes (1 pound)
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon butter
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub parsnips and potatoes under running water and peel.
- Cut into similar size pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, cover the vegetables pieces with cold water. Bring the water to a boil and simmer until vegetables are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and mash. Stir in milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and margarine. Serve hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.