- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tablespoons dried fruit, such as raisins, dried cranberries, or dried currants
- 3 Tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon whole, shelled walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Medium bowl
- Sharp knife
- Small skillet
- Rinse and remove cores from apples. Do not peel. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Place in medium bowl.
- Add dried fruit and yogurt to bowl. Mix well.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast nuts until golden brown and fragrant. Watch closely so they do not burn. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Chop cooled nuts with a knife. Or, put in a plastic bag and crush with a can.
- Add crushed nuts to bowl. If using, add honey. Toss and serve.