4 cups kale (1 bunch)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lemon (zested and juiced)
1 lime (zested and juiced)
1 cup Greek yogurt (plain, fat-free)
1/2 cup cilantro (chopped or torn, stems included)
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted (pepitas)
1 jalapeño chile pepper (seeds removed and diced, optional)
salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Wash your hands.
- Wash and dry kale. Remove stems and tear into bite-size pieces.
- Season kale with salt, pepper, 1Tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- With your hands, massage kale until you can no longer feel resistance.
- Season yogurt with salt and pepper, lemon and lime zest and remaining 1Tablespoon of oil. Mix in cilantro and jalapeno pepper, if desired.
- With a spoon, mix massaged kale with yogurt dressing.
- Toss pumpkin seeds over salad.