Kids Advisory Board member Aleeza describes this salad as a “crunchy, velvety bean salad,” and we agree. With its tender beans and tangy dressing, this is the perfect side dish for your picnic! Or, stir in a drained can of tuna and make it a main dish.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Colander or strainer
- 2 cups fresh green beans, the stem ends trimmed off, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15 oz can, white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup Creamy Vinaigrette
Put all the ingredients in the bowl and mix gently. Taste a bean. Does the salad need more dressing or a pinch of salt? If so, add it and taste again.
Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
Try adding any or all of the following:
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil leaves
2 scallions, greens and whites, chopped