1 1/2 pounds fish fillets (flounder salmon or other mild fish)
coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 can sliced potatoes (drained)
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
1 cup canned, light coconut milk
2/3 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- Season fish fillets with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown fish on both sides.
- Add potatoes, broth and garlic to the skillet.
- Simmer until the fish flakes with gentle pressure and internal temperature registers 145°F on a food thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer fish and potatoes to a warm platter.
- Over high heat, reduce liquid in the pan by about half.
- Stir in coconut milk and curry paste.
- Simmer until lightly thickened.
- Stir in parsley and pour over fish and potatoes.
Use whatever type of fish are on sale or at best price. Check prices of frozen fish fillets.