1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup onion (diced)
1 cup celery (diced)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
2 cups carrots (chopped)
2 cups spinach (chopped)
3 small red potatoes (diced)
3 cups cooked turkey (skin removed, diced)
Optional garnish: cranberry sauce
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour, curry powder, and cinnamon and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour in chicken broth and scrape up any brown bits at the bottom of the pan.
- Bring to a simmer. Then add carrots, spinach, potatoes, and turkey.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer (covered) for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with a spoonful of cranberry sauce.