We love this creamy, crunchy, comforting classic! Serve it in a sandwich or wrap, inside a lettuce leaf, or scooped on top of a green salad.
Sharp knife (adult needed)
Fork or spoon, for mixing
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard (any kind you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 large eggs, hard-cooked and peeled
Put the yogurt, olive oil, mustard, herbs, and salt in the bowl and mix well.
Add the celery and mix well.
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and then cut them back and forth a few more times (they don’t need to be evenly cut and they don’t need to be cut into tiny pieces).
Add the eggs to the bowl and, using the fork or spoon, mix well. Now taste the egg salad. Does it need a pinch more salt? If so, add it and taste again. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
• Curried Egg Salad: Add 1 teaspoon curry powder and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or basil leaves
• Lemony Egg Salad: Add 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice and 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
• Oniony Egg Salad: Add 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion or scallions, and, if you have any, a tablespoon of slivered chives
DID YOU KNOW?
The most commonly asked cooking question of Amazon’s voice- activated Echo device is “How do I boil an egg?”