2 tablespoons honey*
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups uncooked rolled oats (oatmeal)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Mix honey, water, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in oats; mix well.
- Spread mixture on a cookie sheet, making a thin layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, stir mixture well and return to oven.
- Bake 20 more minutes and stir as before.
- Bake 5-20 more minutes, until granola is golden brown.
- Break into small pieces with spatula.
- Cool and then store in a covered container.
*Children under the age of one should not consume honey.