half of the walnuts. Stir to coat well.
1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/3 cup nonfat or low-fat plain yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
1 medium red apple, diced
1 cup halved red or green grapes
1 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, divided (toasted if desired)
1. Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and salt in a large bowl.
2. Add chicken, apple, grapes, celery and half of the walnuts. Stir to coat well.
3. Serve topped with the remaining walnuts.
Quick Tip: If you want cooked chicken in a hurry, the easiest way to cook it is to poach it (one pound of raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts yields about 2½ cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken).
- Place boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a skillet or saucepan.
- Add lightly salted water (or chicken broth) to cover and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the middle (approx 10-15 minutes).