1/2 cup onion (chopped)
1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
1/3 cup celery (sliced)
1/2 cup rice (uncooked)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 can tomatoes (14.5 oz)
1 1/2 cups chicken (canned)
3/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook onion, green pepper, celery, and rice in vegetable oil at medium heat in a large saucepan until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Drain tomatoes and save the liquid.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add tomatoes, liquid, chicken, water, chili powder, and pepper to rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil and stir. Cover and cook on low heat. Cook until rice is tender (about 25 minutes).