3 banana (large, well-ripened)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk, fat-free
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups flour
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel the bananas. Put them in a mixing bowl. Mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the egg, oil, milk, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix well with the fork.
- Slowly stir the flour into the banana mixture. Stir for 20 seconds until the flour is moistened.
- Lightly grease the bread pan with a little oil -OR- cooking spray -OR- line it with wax paper.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan.
The key to good banana bread is to use well-ripened bananas that are covered with brown speckles. Try using half whole wheat flour to add some fiber.
Learn more about bananas.