3 cups water
1/4 pound turkey breast, smoked, skinless
3 teaspoons hot pepper (freshly chopped)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cloves (ground)
2 cloves garlic (crushed)
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 scallion stalk (chopped)
1 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
14 cups mustard greens, or turnip, collard, kale, or mixture (about 2 pounds)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Prepare greens by washing thoroughly and removing stems.
- Tear or slice leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Place all ingredients except greens into large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add greens to turkey stock. Cook 20-30 minutes until tender.