2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
4 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk (1%, low fat)
2 cups cheddar cheese, low-fat shredded
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups broccoli (cooked and chopped)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook macaroni, following the instructions on the package.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and return to the pan.
- While the macaroni is still warm, sprinkle in the flour and stir thoroughly.
- Over medium heat, slowly stir the milk into the macaroni.
- Add the cheese and pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until the milk and cheese thicken into a creamy sauce, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in the broccoli; heat thoroughly.
- Taste; add a small amount of salt, if needed.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Fresh or frozen broccoli can be used
Learn more about broccoli.