3 cups broccoli florets
1 large red bell pepper (cut into strips)
16 button mushrooms (sliced)
8 egg whites from 8 eggs
1/4 cup milk (fat-free)
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Cut vegetables as directed.
2. Whisk eggs and milk in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Spray 10-inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat.
4. Add broccoli, peppers, and mushrooms; sauté about 3-5 minutes, then remove from pan.
To cook each omelet:
1. Use cooking spray as needed.
2. Add 1/4 of the egg-milk mixture to hot skillet, and let spread to cover bottom of pan.
3. When egg begins to thicken on top, sprinkle with 1/4 of the Parmesan cheese.
4. Dab 1/2 of the omelet with ricotta cheese and spread a portion of the vegetable mixture.
5. Fold the other 1/2 of omelet over the vegetables and let cook about 1 more minute.
6. Slide onto plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 to cook all omelets.
8. Garnish omelets with remaining vegetable sauté mix.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with melon and whole-wheat toast.