The tomatoes in this dish provide extra vitamin C and B vitamins, while the Eating Smart Seasoning Mix gives you the option of adding flavor without adding additional salt.
3/4 pound ground beef (90% lean)
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup macaroni, uncooked
1 can diced tomatoes, canned, undrained
7 Servings Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup or 8 Tablespoons)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
salt (optional, to taste)
1. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
2. Add water, macaroni, tomatoes, and seasoning mix, Stir.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
4. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup grated cheese.
5. Taste; then add a small amount of salt if needed.
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
– Swiss cheese used in nutrition analysis and costing.
– Learn more about tomatoes.