You can vary this recipe by using whatever vegetables you have on hand (fresh, frozen, or canned)!
1 pie crust (baked, 9-inch)
1 cup vegetables (chopped, broccoli, zucchini, or mushrooms)
1/2 cup cheese (shredded)
3 egg (beaten)
1 cup milk (non-fat)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred the cheese with a grater. Put it in a small bowl for now.
- Chop the vegetables until you have 1 cup of chopped vegetables.
- Cook the vegetables until they are cooked, but still crisp.
- Put the cooked vegetables and shredded cheese into a pie shell.
- Mix the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Pour the egg mix over the cheese and vegetables
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let the quiche cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Learn more about: