Kick your pancakes up a notch with fresh bananas and an apple topping. The whole wheat flour and the fresh fruit in the recipe add extra fiber to your breakfast.
1 1/2 cups milk (1%)
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons oil
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup flour (all purpose)
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup water
- Beat eggs. Beat in milk, honey and oil.
- Add flours and baking powder.
- Slice bananas and add to mixture.
- Coat a large, non-stick frying pan or griddle with non-stick cooking spray. Warm the pan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter onto the heated griddle for each pancake (adjust more or less depending on pancake size).
- Cook until the tops are bubbly and the pancakes are dry around the edges. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden on both sides. Place pancakes on a platter and keep warm.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 until batter has been used, using more non-stick cooking spray as needed.
- Wash apples, remove cores, and slice thinly with peel still on.
- Combine apples with the sugar, cinnamon, and water.
- Cook in skillet for 10 minutes and spoon on top of pancakes.