3 1/2 pounds chicken (skinned and cut into 10 pieces)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced, or 1 tsp garlic powder)
4 teaspoons thyme sprigs (4 fresh sprigs, or 1 tsp dried thyme)
3 cups onion (thinly sliced)
1 1/2 cups chicken stock (or water)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 lemon (sliced into 10 slices, seeds removed)
1. Combine salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme.
2. Lay chicken pieces into a 11×13 baking pan. Sprinkle seasonings over chicken.
3. Combine onions, stock, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Heat to a boil.
4. Pour hot lemon mixture around chicken. Top each chicken piece with a lemon slice.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees until golden brown and juices are clear colored.