Try this refreshing Mediterranean inspired dish with tomatoes and cucumbers and seasoned with mint and parsley. Ready in less than 30 minutes or make the night before for a bolder taste.
3 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup chopped cucumber
3/4 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine rice, cucumber, tomato, parsley, mint, green onions, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Toss well and chill.
– Use leftover brown rice from a meal cooked earlier in the week. Or, make a big batch on the weekend to use in this dish and for other easy weeknight meals.
– For best taste, refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
– Serve over fish or lean meats, with hummus and pita, or as a stuffing inside fresh tomatoes.
– Materials: Large bowl, Measuring cups, Measuring spoons, Mixing spoon, Sharp knife.