3/4 pound tofu (firm)
2 tablespoons mayonnaise, reduced calorie
3 teaspoons brown mustard
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce, low-sodium
1/2 cup celery (diced)
1 tablespoon onion (diced)
1/2 green pepper (seeded and diced)
1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
1. Prepare tofu by draining the water from the package and placing tofu between two plates. Put a heavy object on top and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the water that collects on the bottom plate every few minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, mustard and soy sauce.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the diced tofu, celery, onion, pepper, and parley; stir in the mayonnaise mixture and toss gently to coat.
4. Refrigerate covered until the flavors are blended – at least one hour.
5. Use as a sandwich filling or on top of whole grain crackers.
You may substitute yellow mustard for brown mustard.
Learn more about: