- 1 large onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) block mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 frozen or refrigerated whole wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 15 (2-inch diameter) turkey pepperoni slices
- Baking sheet
- Box grater
- Can opener
- Cutting board
- Large skillet
- Measuring spoons
- Sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse and peel onion. Rinse peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Dice onion, peppers, and tomatoes into ½-inch pieces. Slice mushrooms ¼-inch thick.
- Grate cheese.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a colander. Stir in tomatoes. Let sit 3–5 minutes to drain excess liquid.
- While veggies are draining, shape dough into a 12-inch pizza round. Use your fingers to stretch and spread the dough.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Place pizza dough in center of sheet.
- Mix dried basil and dried oregano into tomato sauce. If using dried parsley, add now. Spread a layer of sauce across dough.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly across dough. If using turkey pepperoni, add a layer of slices now.
- Bake pizza until cheese is melted and crust is browned on the sides and bottom, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Add vegetable mixture. Return to oven and bake until pizza is cooked through, 5–10 minutes more. Remove from oven.
- Let rest for 2 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut into 8 pieces.